Saturday, June 29, 2013

Five Things Blog Challenge!

Thanks to OddGhoulOut, I get to do this fun survey! This is my first time doing something like this, so it is very exciting.

Rules:

  • Thank the person who tagged you for this challenge and post a link to their blog.
  • Tag 5 blogs with less than 200 followers
  • Wish them to tag more bloggers to help keep this thing going!
Five Things You Need Everyday
  1. My favourite webcomics. Every morning I check up on my favourite comics, which include Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, Writhe and Shine (updates Mondays), Overcast with a Chance of Doom! (updates Wednesdays), Larp Trek, and Bo's Cafe Life.
  2. Reddit. Yes, I'm addicted (slightly...).
  3. Time to write. I don't actually get to do this every day, but I'm trying more and more to get on a regular schedule of writing a minimum of 500 words. So far, not too shabby and getting better!
  4. Music. As in, my own preferred genres. May sound weird but it's not for me considering I work retail and am forced to listen to the top Pop hits of today (ugggghhhh).
  5. Books. I need to read something everyday, if only for half an hour. When I don't have anything to read, I go crazy.
Five Books You Would Recommend
  1. Storm Front (First Book of the Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher. These books (as well as the short-lived TV series) have a great and interesting take on magic and the supernatural world. It's incredibly in depth and I find it's different than most fiction dealing with the same topics.
  2. Pet Semetary by Stephen King. I used to say The Shining was my favourite King novel until I read this one. It's so amazingly hypnotising, especially considering the fact that the really weird stuff doesn't happen until about half way through the book. I am a huge fan of King (take that as you will) but I do think this book in particular showcases how humans can go to lengths to try to circumvent death.
  3. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. If you saw the movie (which was great in my opinion) you know already how confusing this story is. But trust me, this book is even better than the movie and Mitchell's writing is spectacular. He has a great way of introducing you right away into a new world, even if it's far in the future.
  4. The Time Machine by H.G. Wells. It's a scifi classic and a great commentary on the terrors of social inequality. Also, time travel, which is always a good thing.
  5. Boneshaker by Cherie Priest. This was one of the first steampunk books I read and I loved it almost instantly. Not only is it steampunk, but also has a slight post-apocolyptic vibe. And zombies.
Five Materialistic Wishes for Christmas Presents
  1. A corset! My mum and I had plans to start working on one this summer but it turns out we're both too swamped with work. But I still want one badly (one with steel boning, no silly plastic).
  2. CDs or DVDs. I have an addiction to music (obviously) and to scifi TV series. Recently I've had my mind on getting the full box set of Stargate Atlantis (only natural that it should join my box set of SG-1 I have sitting on my bookcase).
  3. Candles! Black and red, either tea lights or votives. I love candles. I imagine one day having so many that I can light a whole room with just candles.
  4. Sugarpill eyeshadow. I love all their crazy bright colours and the eye shadow really lasts all day.
  5. A big fluffy black cat plushie. I don't know why, but I've been wanting to get one for a long time. Probably just so I can cuddle with it and pretend it's an actual cat.
Five Places You Wish to Visit
  1. England/the UK. Don't even ask me where in the UK. I'll just answer, "EVERYWHERE!"
  2. Ireland, since it's not technically in the UK (at least not all of it).
  3. Egypt. All that history! And pyramids! My inner archaeologist having a field day!
  4. Greece. See above.
  5. New Zealand. It's so beautiful there and once I'm there I can say that I've actually been to Middle Earth!
Five Adjectives that Describe You
  1. Crazy
  2. Writer
  3. Silly
  4. Stressed
  5. Funny/Easily-Amused (yes it is one word! >.>)
Five Things You'd Say to People About Life
  1. "Life's a bitch. If it was easy, it'd be a slut." (I've stolen this from my friend Lara)
  2. You'll never make it if you give up.
  3. Live everyday as full as you can, but don't get yourself killed in the process.
  4. Follow your passions and dreams, no matter what anyone says.
  5. Do what makes you happy, not what makes you money.
People Tagged
  1. Jo (my good friend who is also a gothy writer)
  2. Bazinga
  3. Tenebris In Lux
  4. Ray X
  5. The Cemetery Dreamer

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...